Bangalore Tamil Veg restaurants (WIP)
I had first come to Bangalore in 1991 and shifted here semi-permanently in 1997. For a city with one-third population of Tamils, it was very difficult to find Tamil style eating places. While the Sagars and Darshinis offered the same Idly/Dosa, Rice, Sambar etc, it was not the same as we get in TN and the pongal they gave was a horrible specimen of the type. Not just me, many of my friends had the same problem. It took a while for me to realise the small eateries in Shivajinagar that provided Tamil food. The situation has changed for the better now and I could see lot more places in Bangalore. Chettinad cuisine also has become very popular, although non-veg, I still have the option of going there for spicy Kara-Kuzhambu.
With this list, I will try to provide a comprehensive listing (not recommendations) of the Tamil style Veg-restaurants that I come across in Bangalore. This is a WIP, and I will update this as and when I come across a new one or if referred by any readers. I will try to provide a separate listing for Non-veg too.
Restaurant Listing (version 1.0)
MG Road Area
- Hotel Brindavan - MG Road near PU building, not exactly Tamil but the first haunt of many of us
- Sappaad Raman - Residency Road, just b4 brigade road junction
- Greenlands - Infantry Road, near Shivaji Nagar bus stand
Indira Nagar / Cambridge Layout / Domlur
- Suswad - Road next to Laxminagar graveyard bus stop
- Idly Bazaar - CMH Road, Double Road junction next to MK Retail store
- Cafe @ SoSweet - CMH Road, Opposite to CMH hospital
- Annapoorna - Cambridge Road, near Saibaba temple turning
- Shri Krishna Cafe - Koramangala - Off the ring road, near Tamarind Hotel